Thursday, December 9, 2010

End Scene

And I'm home! What an adventure first semester was...

New living situation. First real roommate. Anna leaving for the peace corps (and..because I never mentioned this before. Anna is actually home from the peace corps. Something happened while she away but she safe, happy, and home...more than I could ever ask for). Angels in America. Financial issues. Starting a new job. Grad school research. Taking 6 classes. Having less than an hour of free time a day. Spending literally all day away from my room becoming the norm. So much time with Danielle and Kathleen. New, amazing co-workers at the nursery. Great new neighbors at school. Lighting design. Plenty of frustration. Found my voice. Grew as a stage manager. Many decisions made. Amazing dance show memories. Shannon and Linda bonding time. Super cold weather. Super hot weather. Challenging classes that I think I will get As in. So many emotions and love.

And now I'm home :) Watched GLEE with mommy. Made dinner. Did laundry. Hugged my kitty. It's easy to forget how much the simple things mean to you when you're caught up in the stress of life. My mom also saved last week's CBS Sunday Morning which featured Matthew Morrison. Best. Mom. Ever.

Tomorrow=going to Catalina and making a birthday announcement for the first time in 2 and a half years. It's Martha's sister's first Catalina birthday so, per request of Martha, I am going with her. This also means crashing Mrs. Hunt's english class (they're discussing Antigone. Thank you theatre major/seminar/catalina english classes for teaching me everything I ever needed to know about that play. I feel like I will be a productive addition to that class). I cannot wait to see people I love and although the idea of making an announcement again doesn't thrill me...sometimes you gotta do crazy things for the people who mean the most to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment