Sunday, January 2, 2011

New year, New...Boy?

I've discovered that whether you've been in many relationships or none at all, you can still have the same worries--will you find "the one"? Until recently I figured I was alone in my situation. I've never had a boyfriend. Not even those kindergarten boyfriends that mean absolutely nothing or a middle school romance. Nope, I was a late bloomer when it came to boys and then I went to an all girls high school. College should have been the opportunity to date but I jumped straight into work and responsibility, setting me apart from my peers and also taking up so much of my time that dating just didn't seem like a priority. And it's still true today. It makes me worry that I will never find someone. My lifestyle isn't going to change. I'm picky and I have high standards and there are just certain issues I'm not willing to compromise on. I'm also a hopeless romantic. That can either be my biggest strength or greatest weakness. But on the other hand, I could have been dating numerous guys by now and be just as frustrated that I can't seem to find one that works.

Clearly this isn't a huge issue now--I'm only 21. But I'm surrounded by love everyday and it just sounds so...lovely. A friend of mine got engaged last night and two of my very best friends have both found their soulmates. I've seen those grow since the beginning and it's rewarding to watch. The good thing is I've learned a lot about relationships just by observing others. So hopefully, when my time comes alone, I'll be ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment