Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Let's not overschedule ourselves shall we?

Note to self:
When you have a free afternoon, DON'T BOOK EVERY POSSIBLE MOMENT. That results in A) Hunger B) Stress C) Irritability and D) lack of time to do the important things like homework.

My day:
10:20-11:00: Lighting design. Got out early. Had a mocha. Very relaxing
11:30-12:30: Foundations of theater. discussed medea. loved it.
12:30-1:20: Standing in line for lunch. Following people around to find a seat till I decided the theater is way cooler (in more than one sense). Bonded with Renee (transfer student)
1:20-3:40: Stagecraft lab hours. Built scenery. Bonded with Kevin (new tech student). Faced/conquered my fear of the saw.
3:45-4:20: Watched senior dance pieces. Tried to get inspiration for Marissa's lighting since I am designing it. Haha. I fail.
4:20-5:51: Driving to Linda's.
5;51-5:10: Played with Sadie!
5:10-5:40: Driving back
5:40-6:00: Dinner?
6:00-6:30: Set up for rehearsal.
6:30-9:40: Wonderful rehearsal. Lots of laughter. And inside jokes. This cast knows how to cheer me up. And Jenna got me a pink pencil to indicate her color in my script. She was originally black but she didn't like that. So now Jenna's lines are marked in pink.
10:10 ish: I arrive in my room. Tired and realizing I don't get a break (well... a legit break. I get mini teaser breaks) until 10:00 pm. Upside? I talked to Linda and her tech went well and she was happy. I watched the DVD of the dance show and was reminded how happy I was at that time last year. And by my standards, I had a good day.

What is my grading scale for a good day you may ask?

1. Are actors happy?
2. Have I not screwed up yet?
3. Is my homework started before rehearsal?

The answer to everything was yes. So really, today was a good day :) I was actually extremely content right before my chaos began. Love my classes, my friends, my show, dance...everything really. Now I need to finish my homework and go sleep and then be awesome in class tomorrow (and yes Mey, you will be my inspiration to be awesome in class).

No comments:

Post a Comment