Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Marry Me?

Yep, I'm one of those people you probably despise. The girl who has had her wedding planned out for years.

However this is only partially true and not precisely for the reasons you are thinking. I've gradually started planning my wedding (along with my future) since I was about 14. I'm a futuristic thinking; I'm constantly thinking about what's coming next. As soon as I settle into something, my thoughts immediately go to the next project. So planning my wedding makes sense in the makeup of my brain.

I want to get married at Catalina. Not only did it change my life, it's a picturesque setting. And a small, intimate chapel. Still deciding between red and white or a turquoise and white theme for colors. That decision will come later. The dress I would like will have a fitted bodice, off the shoulder sleeves, and a long ball gown skirt. Strapless and/or really fitted dresses don't flatter me well. I want to walk down the aisle to Pachelbel's Canon in D, same as my parents. I want to enter my reception in a grand fashion. I've been inspired by videos of people dancing down the aisle to popular songs with their wedding parties. While I want a traditional wedding, I think it would be great to enter the reception with a bang. My first dance will be to, Israel Kamakawiwo'ole's Wonderful World. My favorite song and my favorite version of it. My dance with my father will be to Father and Daughter by Paul Simon. And the rest...I just want people to have fun.

You may ask so who's the lucky guy? Haha. There is no guy. There won't be a guy for years. I have too many plans before that's going to happen. I'm too hard headed and driven to let anything stand in my way.

For now, I settle for planning other's weddings. Though they haven't actually been proposed to yet, I've begun planning. It's nice to be able to be able to support them and in a way, live vicariously through them. I've been there since the beginning of some of these relationships and it's wonderful to watch them grow.

To my wonderful friends who are in love--I'm so happy for you. You deserve it and I'll be there for anything you need. You know what they say, the best person to have plan your wedding is a stage manager :)

No comments:

Post a Comment