Thursday, February 10, 2011

I Believe

I believe in the power of prayer. I believe that the energy you send out into the world is the energy that will be reciprocated ten times over. I have so many goals and dreams, some of which I can control and others of which are left up to the hands of fate, but all are important to me. I believe everything happens for a reason. So I send out little prayers into the universe. Every time that clock hits 11:11, every time we pass through a tunnel, every night before bed, I send out my daily prayers. But I don't believe in asking for specific requests. It wouldn't be fair to say "please let me win this competition next week". Because that's selfish and if it's meant to be, it will happen. I don't need to ask for it. Instead, I ask for everything to be okay, to work out how it should. I ask for God to watch over my family, my friends, and my life. I can't control everything but I can control how I react and how I handle situations. I believe that if I send out my prayers and thank God for every little miracle, this is the healthiest and most beneficial way to live my life. I may not always understand or be completely content with everything but I know it's there for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment