Saturday, November 20, 2010

You've Got a Friend in Me

My relationships with people are the most precious part of my life. I value my friendships over everything and am truly blessed with the wonderful people I've come into contact with. I absolutely love personal connections with people and enjoy spending time one on one with my friends. Whether it's a quick phone call or an hour long talk on the couch in the theater, those intimate moments are what make my relationships special. I'm the person at a party you'll find in the corner talking with one friend rather than standing in a group conversing about the latest trend or gossip. It may seem trivial but simply finding time to catch up with someone can make all the difference in the world. I tend to talk on the phone in the middle of the quad near the theater because it's a big open space and you never feel crowded. Just being able to show someone that you care enough to talk to just them for any length of time can transform friendships in beautiful ways. Those few moments of personal connection make all the difference. I'm the kind of person who loves texting, talking online, private phone calls, and "friend dates" because in those moments, it's just you and them. No interference, no competition. Just you and your friend, sharing some special time. And I'm lucky that I'm able to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment