Thursday, November 25, 2010

Let the Christmas Festivities Commence!

I've literally been waiting for this EXACT moment since September.

I have a rule. I cannot listen to Christmas music before midnight on Thanksgiving, a rule I tweak to fit my needs...which usually means as soon as dinner is done...but the day does not change. I love Christmas music so much that I will grow tired of it if I listen to it too soon. But now it's allllll mine. Get excited folks, if you're in my car or anywhere near me during the next month, you're going to hear an awful lot of "its the most wonderful day of the year" "winter wonderland" and my favorite "why couldn't it be christmas everyday"

Thanksgiving was brilliantly lovely. Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, soccer game in the park, fun food kids and laughter at home. We even set up an indoor movie theatre upstairs and all of us gathered to watch "UP".

I literally live the quintessential Thanksgiving. Family gathered around a table, kids running and laughing, hugs and smiles right and left, plenty of good food...no one yells or fights or is angry...no one feels left out...it's a really beautiful blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment