Monday, November 22, 2010

Music and Memories

It's incredible how powerful a memory aid music can be. This past summer I worked on Ace Dance Academy's annual concert with Linda and her roommate Megan who owns the company. It was a two day commitment, seemingly nothing major. I really enjoyed myself but hadn't thought of it much since then. Today Megan gave me a copy of the DVD and I haven't been able to tear my eyes away from it since. Every happy moment of that weekend suddenly came flooding back. As soon as I heard those songs, I began to smile as I remembered how incredibly fun that show was. It got me out of my SMC environment in a new theatre, working with new people. Being Linda's ASM for the first time was pretty cool. And it was a great experience. I love that I now have the DVD to remind me every time I get sad about how much I enjoyed that show and how much I'm looking forward to the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment