Sunday, May 9, 2010

Moving On

The closing night of Define Gravity was absolutely stunning. This being Marissa and Vera's final show, I was having a lot of fun trying to keep it together all night. I really hope everyone in the booth enjoyed watching that haha. But the show looked great and I think it was my best night in terms of calling. I did lose it once Cathy gave them their flowers onstage at the end...and then she called me down from the booth to also receive flowers. See, I should have expected this since she does this for every show but my memory failed me. It was cute to go out on stage after having cried in the booth but it really meant a lot to me. Cathy is the only director who has done that for me and it is an incredible feeling. Being a stage manager means giving up that kind of attention (and we do so willingly) but it's a very special feeling to be a part of a company onstage as well as backstage. I already miss the show and the dancers (seriously, fast brass won't stop playing in my head. it's like an video set on repeat) but I went back to DAE today which makes it all better.

2 weeks left...

No comments:

Post a Comment