Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Power of Prayer

Have you ever had someone incredibly important in your life but lack the words to express why they mean so much? There are so many wonderful people in my life but I cannot truly explain why some mean so much. Their impact can be fleeting but memorable. Some just stick with you, forever ingrained as associated with a special memory.

My first two years at Catalina, our activities coordinator was an important influence on me. She was a theatre major from New York, Catalina alum, and someone I aspired to be like. Although our interactions were brief, I appreciated every moment we shared and how much I learned from her. She was a significant contribution to my love of the theatre world and I was very sad when she and her family (also wonderful people, though I did not know them well) moved back to New York after my sophomore year. However, the world of facebook has given me the blessing of keeping in contact with her.

I recently heard that she and her family are going through an extremely difficult time. For such wonderful people, it's heartbreaking to know that they must experience this. It makes you wonder why the most devastating events happen to people like them. All I can offer now is prayer and healing thoughts, hoping the God has it in his grand plan to make them even stronger and happier than they were previously.

Let's say some prayers, in hopes that all that is right in the world will once again come back into effect

No comments:

Post a Comment