Saturday, March 5, 2011

I am a Unit

I don't walk through life alone. All of my success, my accomplishments, my goals...these were done in conjunction with the wonderful people in my life.

We pride ourselves on independence and individualism. That taking care of ourselves is the ultimate goal. And I love my independence. I very much want to be in control of my own life and don't like relying on anyone or anything to dictate me life.

But this doesn't mean I do it alone. Everywhere I go I am part of a cohesive unit and I love it.

In my family, my partner in crime is my daddy. He supports me and educates me and is there every time I need him. I am also a lot like my mom. We are so similar that we often fight due to these similarities. But she understands me better than most people. As my brother, Tanner is great and ridiculous and we get along much better than we would like to admit. He'll never say it but he actually enjoys how much we fight and annoy each other. As a Catalina girl I am one of many amazing and talented graduates of this amazing school. I am incredibly blessed to have attended this school and to be an employee of the camp. There is an instant connection you feel when you meet another Catalina girl and it's very special. Danielle and I form a team as stage managers. We complement each other's strengths and weaknesses and together we form one awesome stage management team. We are rarely apart. Even outside the theatre, Danielle Kathleen and I are a team. We just work so well as a group of friends that some days it's questionable where one person ends and the other begins. I find myself relating to different but lovely qualities in each of them and I love it. That's how you know how lucky we are; we just blend together seamlessly. And Linda and I form a team that cannot be defined but is incredibly special. It's a well know fact that when something needs to get done, I'm Linda's girl. When I have questions, about anything, I know I can come to her. And when she needs something done in the theatre, she know she can call me and I won't complain, argue, or question the request. I'm her assistant, mentee, and student combined into one crazy package. And it's awesome.

All of this is to say that we don't walk alone. We don't achieve our dreams without support. I know that I wouldn't be where I am today without the smiles, hugs, encouraging thoughts of those listed above and so many more.

I truly believe in the quote "I know I'm who I am today because I knew you". Every person I come into contact with has changed my life for the better and I cannot thank you enough for that. There are far too many wonderful people in my life to name and thank them all but, "because I knew you, I have been changed for good".

No comments:

Post a Comment