Monday, September 13, 2010

Angels. Literal and Figurative.

It is officially week 3 of school at St. Mary's. My classes are still going well. Can I just state for the record that I truly love being a theatre major? I recently sat down and re-planned out my class schedule from now until I graduate. Not such a scary thing when you're a freshman but when you're suddenly down to 3.5 semesters left...it's a bit nervewracking. Suddenly I feel like I'm back in high school, trying to figure out where I'm applying to college. I already know where I'm applying to grad school and I know where I want to go. And when I'm ready to tell people I will. But it's extremely overwhelming trying to figure out how I'm going to visit, when I'm going to visit, what conventions I should attend, should I attend ACTF this year, am I willing to miss school to attend these, do I have the money, etc etc etc. However I do not have time to dwell on this because my heart currently belongs to a beautiful production of Angels in America. I'm like one of those moms who thinks her kid is the best thing in the world. Obviously she's biased as she produced this kid. But whatever. This production of Angels is going to be incredible and I will fight anyone who thinks otherwise. The joy I have being surrounded by some of my closest friends and being able to share this experience with them is indescribable. They are fully committed to their roles and it's actually heartwrenching to watch some of the scenes--and that's just the table reading. I have no doubt that once we get this production up on its feet it will tear our hearts out and make us even closer as a company. The amount of love, care, and respect we have for each other is incredible and I couldn't ask for anything more.

No comments:

Post a Comment