Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to the best dad I could ever ask for. It's hard to sum up how amazing he is in a list but here goes my best shot.

Thank you for...

-Cooking even when you're tired
-Giving us parties
-Taking us to get our cars fixed
-Telling us not to worry about money while still instilling a strong sense of financial responsibility
-Putting up with my cat even though you are allergic and she is annoying
-Always calling me back
-Being genuinely excited about all of my accomplishments
-Giving me advice when I'm having trouble
-Teaching me about the world
-Having an answer for everything
-Always believing in me
-Coming to all of my shows no matter how far away they are or how boring
-Helping me keep my worries under control
-Always letting me hang out with you
-Taking me along on all of your errands
-Teaching me without nagging
-Waiting up for me even when I get home late
-Understanding my career path
-Never making me feel stupid even when I have those special blond moments
-All of those school projects "we" made together
-The years of morning lectures in the car
-Making me look good because your fashion sense is way better than mine
-Doing my hair for prom and graduation
-Knowing who's important in my life and asking about them
-Teaching me how to tackle the tough situations in life
-Building our beautiful house
-Giving me my car. And just about everything else worthwhile I own
-Sending me to Catalina even though it cost as much as an excellent college education
-Teaching me how to set the table
-Making me play the flute
-Keeping all of the ridiculous gifts we've given you over the years
-Giving us amazing Christmases
-Not yelling at me even though we are always making noise when you are sleeping
-"Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he'll eat for the rest of his life"
-Teaching me not to be a victim. You'd never let me stay down long enough...whenever I fell, I had to get right back up and keep on going
-Teaching me to be responsible for myself
-Fixing everything in the house and in the yard
-Showing me how to be the best person I can

Happy Father's Day daddy, I love you <3

No comments:

Post a Comment